Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Group Meeting

 In our class we did a group meeting. This is when people from other group got together to talk about our projects and help each member by giving them new ideas or a new perspective.
   
         How to make the opening more engaging, I was concerned if the viewers would get the clues around the characters room. Finally I needed help getting ideas for what type of music to use.

   IDEA #1
  For the beginning scene one of my classmates had a really good idea to put a track commentators speaking in the back. This would act as another clue to her success in track. They would say her last name anyhow great she is. This is a good way to add layers on top of the music so it isn't so mundane.

   IDEA #2
 As I explained the story and shots of the opening scene to my classmates I made sure to ask if they understood the story. They thought it was a great idea to make the audience infer things instead of just telling them straight on. One interesting suggestion that we might use is to not even use the last scene of the opening which is the student talking to coach. Because it is smarter to just hint an upcoming track meet with a calendar or a reminder on the phone. A full on conversation spelling out things that the audience just saw and inferred can be a little redundant. But once again we still aren't sure if the message is too vague.

 IDEA #3 
 Finally the last question I had what was type of music. I had some genres written down all ready and I showed them to the group to ask them which one fit the most. I ha pop, electronic, English rap, and finally Spanish trap. Everyone (even me) agreed that the superior choice was Spanish trap because it shows her hispanic heritage which is a major storyline in the film.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR DONE

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED ME HERE IS MY CCR https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LiLW9q51WVtpFHb6pJzEzT0p2hb7c6zC/view?usp=sharing